When a beloved animal passes, there is simply no way to convey to one their loss. My husband's partner at work lost his beloved friend...Katie.
As many of you know, I am a huge animal fan and have 5 dogs of my own and my heart goes out with sorrow and pain when one loses their friend!
My dogs are truly my companions and for those who know what I am talking about...a dog is one that you spend so much time with...tell them your joys...tell them your frustrations...and one thing that they always do - is to bring you joy with a instant and simple smile!
Do you notice something different about this card? Are you wondering what color this is? Well...it s one of the NEW In Colors that I have from the preview products! I LOVE it and think it will be a fantastic addition...also love the name - "baked brown sugar"!!!
- This card is pretty straight forward - a regular A2 card using the Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock cut and scored in half!
- The image was stamp using the Tree from the Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Set. I used the markers to color the image - Chocolate Chip & Wild Wasabi. ( notice this is lighter than the sentiment...it needs to be to make the leaves look more natural)
- The Sentiment was from the So Sorry Stamp Set and made perfectly possible using the Stamp-a-ma-jig! Perfect every time! I used the Always Artichoke.
- The color of card stock that I used was Sahara Sand....a beautiful neutral color that I feel gets overlooked often! Try it - you'll like it! I matted it with Always Artichoke.
- I did use a sponge and very lightly went over the edges of the Sahara Sand with the Wild Wasabi...just to add interest and depth!
- Popping it with my Stampin' Vitamins, Stampin' Dimensionals...made for a quick and easy card!
- Not finished yet...I took the card to the Simply Scored Plate and scored 2 horizontal lines across the top and bottom of the focal part of the card - a great and simple finishing touch!
Are you saying...where did that envelope come from! Simple - I made it! I felt this card needed a matching envelope and it is sooo easy to make!
- Using the Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock - I cut a 7 3/4" square! Scored it at 4 1/8' and 3'1/8" using the diagonal plate - BAM!!!
- Fold in the score lines...cut the little corners out and always use sticky strip to give it a great hold and you are done - a matching , beautiful envelope!
- Not finished yet...pull out a coordinating paper to make the finished look - I used the Subtles Designer Series Paper...my go-to for a perfect match every card!
I am sorry that I have had to make this card due to the circumstances but at the same time I hope it brings comfort to Gary and Nancy. My heart sank when John told me as I know how much they dearly loved their dog!
Both of these stamp sets are so beautiful and always find a way to make a beautiful card! I hope that you have enjoyed today's post and I also hope that you have a wonderful day! Finally, the sun is out today ( but we have needed the rain) and I am looking forward to a productive day ahead!
Please email me if you have any questions or simply leave me a comment below! I truly love and cherish your feedback! I have a great post in store for you that you will be able to have the opportunity to get a great organizational time saver if you email me...stay tuned!
Until tomorrow....happy stampin'!